About Smart Justice
Balanced Justice seeks to enhance the safety of all Queenslanders by promoting understanding of criminal justice policies that are effective, evidence-based and human rights compliant. In short, Balanced Justice is about smart action for a safer community.
The Balanced Justice project is built on a joint commitment to:
- About us
- Crime statistics - the real picture
- Preventing crime
- Is Justice Reinvestment a good idea?
- Busting the myths – the facts about addressing youth offending – Part 1
- Busting the myths – the facts about addressing youth offending – Part 2
- Mandatory sentencing
- Tougher sentencing - what the community wants?
- Suspended sentences: should they be abolished?
- Detention and bail for children
- Naming and shaming young offenders
- Indigenous overrepresentation in prisons
- Tackling drug-related crime
- Admissibility of findings of guilt
- The importance of court-ordered parole
- News and media
- Contact us